Informal checks for understanding:
It's checking for understanding while I am teaching. For example, I can check weather my students have a background knowledge about photosynthesis by asking them to state to me the main conditions needed for photosynthesis on the Padlet application. OR after explaining some point in the lesson I can ask the students to answer some true and false questions by using kahoot or quizlet or mentimeter . Those online tools help me to check if things are going on the correct track or if I need to explain something in.
Test and quizzes:
Those are the regular types to check for
understanding, i can use google form to make a test or quiz at
the end of my lesson. So in this way I'm really checking the students'
understanding of the concept by using online tools.
Academic prompt:
I write a prompt which is: many of us try to
plant something but the plant dies. Write the reasons behind this and what you
can do to save and let them grow well.
I put this prompt on the google
classroom, and ask the students to answer on it, and there is no specific
answer. I make the answers visible, so all the students will response or reply
to each other’s. This is a beneficial way to cover some misunderstandings, for
example may be one of the student state something wrong, so others will reply
to him.
Projects
I can ask the students to make a video or game
about the lesson. Or, I can ask them to work in groups on google
slides to explain certain topic by themselves.

Greate tools we can rely on from the beginning of semester to check our student's overall knowledge and have a better idea of how to plan for the upcoming lessons. Moreover we can monitor their progress of unerstanding throughout the semester by tests, quizzes, academic prompts...
ReplyDeleteThis tools is the basic for best teaching Who target all aspects on the individual and collective level, more easily to make critical thinking and add fun for teaching lesson.
ReplyDelete